Our Growth Lead develops strategic partners and business relationships on behalf of a company while at the same time undertaking a leadership role. This involves coordinating the creation of content marketing material that targets specific clients according to established client demographics.
Cutting across multiple industries, the responsibilities of our business development and marketing manager entails monitoring marketing projects and programs, conceptualizing plans, training staff, collaborating with suppliers and clients to get feedback on services and goods, developing operations strategies, coordinating, and managing teams, and organizing timelines and budgets.
- Our Profile
- Spurt! was founded to develop local companies into regional and global giants.
- We leverage digital and social technologies to trigger and nurture the transformative growth of businesses. Our group's operations are clustered into five operating arms: Solutions, Paperclip, MadeIn!, SpurtX! and S.T.E.P.
- We aim to be the leader in equitable and sustainable entrepreneurship by empowering and enabling over a billion entrepreneurs to realise their potential and build prosperity in their communities.
- Our Culture
- We are a fully remote company and engage individuals in and from any part of the world who are passionate about creatively problem-solving and prosperity building. We work long hours solving hard problems and are intentional about being champions of each other’s growth and well-being.
- Key Result Areas
- • Quality of implemented processes and marketing strategy to ensure brand integrity
- • Number of new clients, partners and projects acquired
- • Number of successes in competitions and with grant opportunities
- • Number and quality of relationships with key industry players
- • Ability to convert product value propositions into clear product positioning and marketing messaging
- • Achievement of clear brand differentiation and visibility
- • Ownership of all Spurt! engagements and business goals
- • Solution-oriented analysis of effectiveness and impact marketing initiatives
- • Lead business development activities and oversee development of compelling, well-designed, and well-written technical proposals
- • Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and client satisfaction
- • Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- • Establish and maintain robust information gathering networks on current and future business partners, both formally and informally, to facilitate the growth of effective partnerships.
- • Drive revenue growth through business development opportunities and product marketing initiatives
- • Explore business opportunities in key markets; advise on the selection of new capture markets over time using data and evidence.
- • Plan and conduct in-country capture work as required to improve our competitive position for priority business development opportunities.
- • Identify and develop public-private partnerships (PPPs) and cost-share alliances with private sector, foundation, and non-governmental partners
- • Identify, understand, and develop potential clients including host governments, foundations, and private sector actors.
- • Identify and qualify key partner organisations and potential staff; and evaluate competitor activities. Responsible for maintaining these relationships and partnerships once created.
- • Represent Spurt! to investors, private sector companies, foundations, and professional and voluntary associations
- • Identify synergies and develop partnerships and alliances as appropriate
- • Present and speak effectively on our broader institutional capabilities
- • Responsible for communicating business development intelligence gathered to tease in a timely and open manner
- • Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- • Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- • Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- • Manage the design and production of promotional materials for website and social media platforms
- • Manage and coordinate the growth and product development team through the creation of company products and services and marketing campaigns.
- • Perform effective analyses of marketing strategy efficacy using metrics such as organic traffic, conversion rates, social media engagement etc.
- • Assess and maintain strong communication between Spurt! and its clients with a solid understanding of an impact-driven communication and client value creation mindset
- • Previous leadership level experience in sales, marketing, or business development roles
- • Prior work experience with start-ups and MSMEs
- • SaaS sales and/marketing experience
- • B2B business development and/or marketing skills
- • Experience with new business development in technology business venture or at a consulting firm
- • Degree or certification in relevant field is an advantage
- • Familiarity with tools such as Google Apps, Slack, Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc.
- • Strong communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person)
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively
- • Strong business acumen in addition to technical business development skills
- • Skilled use of tools such as Zapier, HubSpot, Airtable, Zendesk, etc.
- • Use of PowerPoint, MS Word, Zoom and MS Teams in addition to all technical skills required to create proposals and design solutions that meet client requirements
- • Must have a good client relationships management and client engagement skills
- Desired Traits:
- - Entrepreneurial Mindset: this is a business after all, we need to be building and breaking barriers, that means we don’t just see problems we create profitable solutions
- - Dynamism: you need to be adept at adjusting quickly and effectively to new situations
- - Integrity: we absolutely need to be able to trust your ability to do what is right, not just what is expedient because we will not be micromanaging you
- - Resourceful: this is a start-up environment, you will not always have the help or resources you need, but we hope you will be adaptable and resourceful in driving value creation and problem-solving
- - Passionate: we are a lot about what we are building at Spurt! and it’s important for your success that you are passionate too
- - Visionary: it is important that you hold the big picture in mind at all times, our mission is quite grand
- - Sociable: remote work is hard to do but is made better by people committed to being present, thoughtful, and communicative
More Job Openings
We have more opportunities for you to work with us.