Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
Our company lead is seeking a high performing and strong leader who can drive strategy and lead execution around his interests. This is a great fit for someone who is a self- starter, detail-oriented, a strong team leader and a bit of a maverick at strategic communications and process management. If that sounds like you, read on!
You must demonstrate experience in handling a wide range of administrative and personal related tasks independently with little or no supervision. You must be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, or under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. You must demonstrate integrity and confidentiality at all times.
You must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be adept at both administrative and leadership tasks. You will often be expected to exercise good judgment to maintain a productive balance among multiple priorities. As Chief of Staff, you will be an instrumental part of the Chief Executive's team and will be expected to provide invaluable execution support for both day-to-day tasks as well as high level strategic priorities.
- -- Our Profile --
- Spurt! was founded to develop local companies into regional and global giants. Local companies struggle to scale due to bureaucracy, inaccessible financing, organisational challenges, and sub- Saharan Africa's geopolitical conditions. Our objective is to catalyse and support the growth of large local companies with sufficient scale and capacity to add value locally and regionally. Through our four arms, Paperclip, Solutions, Madeln! and SpurtXI we develop data driven technology solutions, strategic advisory, research, implementation support and stakeholder management services.
- -- Our Culture --
- We are a fully remote company and engage individuals passionate about creatively problem-solving and prosperity building for Africa in and from any part of the world. We work long hours solving hard problems and are intentional about being champions of each other's growth.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: this is a business after all, we need to be building and breaking barriers, that means we don't just see problems we create profitable solutions
- Dynamism: you need to be adept at adjusting quickly and effectively to new situations Integrity: we absolutely need to be able to trust your ability to do what is right, not just what is expedient because we are committed to never micromanaging
- Resourceful: this is a startup environment, you will not always have the help or resources you need, but we hope you will be adaptable and resourceful in driving value creation and problem-solving
- Passionate: we are a lot about what we are building at Spurt! and it's important for your success
Chief of Staff
- • Collaborating with executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies
- • Managing the Chief Executive’s schedule, scheduling meetings and planning travel
- • Providing department leaders with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork
- • Planning, coordinating and keeping contents of a meeting focused
- • Determining key performance indicators and how to measure team performance
- • Providing tactical support to implement ideas
- • Working with leadership to deliver, monitor and communicate progress towards goals
- • Responding to inquiries on behalf of the Chief Executive
- • Overseeing strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation
- • Identifying and helping solve core problems or opportunities within business processes
- • Providing Chief Executive and other senior leaders with insight and analysis on the company’s operations
- • Assessing risk when business decisions are made
- • Providing support and oversight for special projects and initiatives
- • Planning, coordinating and leading meetings and workshops
- • Identifying and providing recommendations on improvements across the organisation
- • Executing documents and proposals as requested and presentation in various formats.
- • Creating and managing schedules for household staff, food menus and other related home affairs
- • Improving the company’s ongoing processes and organising procedures to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity
- • Designing, reviewing and improving organisational structure and helping address ongoing problems
Chief of Staff
- • An advanced degree such as MBA, Masters or PHD from a reputable university
- • A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical role, including a year's worth of experience working with senior management
- • Experience overseeing budgets and expenses as well as developing internal processes and filing systems for management of above
- • Familiarity with basic principles of business management and entrepreneurship
- • Experience tracking multiple projects using software tools
- • Familiarity with critical social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Medium and Twitter
- • Exposure or context for global standards and work environments
- • Excellent oral and technical communication skills
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as the Google Suite of products - Sheets, Calendar, Docs, Slides, etc. with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- • Possessing of technical skills required to create proposals and design solutions that demonstrate exceptional research, drafting and writing skills
- • Ability to multitask coupled with flexibility and adaptability given the volatility of emerging market startup environments
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively
- • Strong business/commercial acumen in addition to technical business development skills
- • Ability to build relationships across the business and external contacts. Put differently, a capacity to build strong client relationships and demonstrate good people engagement skills
- • Superb presentation as well as verbal and written communication skills
- • Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to filter matters that need the urgent attention of the client
- • Excellent organisational skills and schedule management with an ability to think proactively and prioritise work effectively
- • Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- • Ability to be thorough and precise when accomplishing a task with concern for all aspects of the job involved
- Desired Traits
- • Discrete and trustworthy as you will often be a party to confidential information.
- • Demonstrate ownership of all areas of work with results-driven attitude i.e., multi-task, meet deadlines, identify goals and priorities and complete complex assignments with minimal direction
- • Motivated, optimistic, and passionate
- • Obsessive attention to detail, responsive communication, thoughtful problem-solving and an execution mindset; zero inbox mentality is strongly preferred
- • A critical thinker, who is curious, intuitive and pays attention to detail
- • Impeccable work ethic, able to multi-task and thrive working across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- • Ability to maintain professional demeanour at all times, in a busy, high-stress environment
- • Play well with others and demonstrate team leadership put differently, a strong ability to build relationships and trust as part of a small team
- • Able to work autonomously with out-of-box thinking and goal-oriented actions
- • Willingness to be flexible and nimble including availability to work flexible hours as needed
More Job Openings
We have more opportunities for you to work with us.
Video StorytellingClient of the Spurt! Network (Full Time)Nigeria
Social MediaClient of the Spurt! Network (Full Time)Nigeria
Technical/Executive Assistant (Female)Client of the Spurt! Network (Full Time)Nigeria
Key Account Manager (Male)Client of the Spurt! Network (Full Time)Nigeria
Accountant (Female)Client of the Spurt! Network (Full Time)Nigeria